Venture First is a boutique financial services company focused on empowering entrepreneurs and supporting their investors. We assist our clients with business valuation, insightful financial analysis, capital raise preparation, and transaction support. We have completed over 1,200 engagements with clients in over 60 cities and have partnered with CEO’s, CFO’s and venture capital groups across the nation. Venture First is headquartered in Louisville, KY with offices in Richmond, VA, Washington, D.C., and Miami, FL.
We offer an entrepreneurial culture with exposure to some of the most interesting and dynamic small to midsize businesses in the region and nation. We believe in happiness, hard-work, & integrity. We love what we do and we’re looking for high energy, service-oriented team players who thrive in a fast-paced environment to join us and exponentially increase the value we can provide to our clients.
As a CFO at Venture First, you will be a central member of the Venture First team. You will interact directly with CEOs and executive teams of leading healthcare, technology, and other entrepreneurial ventures. You will leverage your experience and our internal finance and accounting team to provide strategic and financial leadership to Venture First client companies. You will assist management teams in refining, executing, and reporting on their business model through managing the financial forecasting and budgeting process and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting. You will help identify and monitor the cash needs of the company and assist with the preparation of materials and the strategy for the capital raising process.
- 15+ years of financial leadership with progressively increasing responsibilities.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple clients at one time.
- Understanding of venture capital and seed capital fundraising process and strategies.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Proven track record of growing junior staff into leadership roles.
- Ability to adapt to a fluid, fast-paced work environment.
- Bachelor’s in Finance, Accounting, or relevant field. MBA, CFA, and/or CPA is a plus.
- Provide financial leadership and direction to client companies and their executive leadership team.
- Provide strategic recommendations to the CEO, members of the executive leadership team, and the board of directors for Venture First client companies.
- Manage the processes for financial forecasting and budgeting.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection model and reporting process that includes a minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Oversee the preparation and delivery of all financial reporting.
- Assist, as needed, with the capital raising process including development of materials and overall strategy as well as communication with potential investors.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-term planning, introduction of new programs/strategies, and regulatory action.
- Serve as a member of the executive leadership team for multiple clients and provide financial guidance to mitigate risk and ensure compliance.
We like to work hard. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer the following to reward your efforts:
- Company paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Matching SIMPLE IRA.
- Vibrant downtown office including paid parking
- Aggressive incentive compensation including bonus and equity.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Venture First provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics.