Venture First is a boutique financial services company focused on empowering entrepreneurs and supporting their investors. We assist our clients with business valuation, insightful financial analysis, capital raise preparation, and transaction support. We have completed over 1,200 engagements with clients in over 60 cities and have partnered with CEO’s, CFO’s and venture capital groups across the nation. Venture First is headquartered in Louisville, KY with offices in MA, CA, and FL.
We offer an entrepreneurial culture with exposure to the most interesting and dynamic small to midsize businesses in the region and nation. We believe in happiness, hard-work, & integrity. We love what we do and we’re looking for high energy, service-oriented team players who thrive in a fast-paced environment to join us and exponentially increase the value we can provide to our clients.
The Financial Analyst is a central member of the Venture First team and will interact directly with CEOs and CFOs of leading healthcare, technology, and other entrepreneurial ventures. This position will take the lead on preparing and delivering insightful analysis to a wide variety of companies and funds. A central responsibility is to synthesize all available information and distill the facts into concise economic reports, financial models or investment decks while providing the highest level of customer service to our clients.
We like to work hard. In addition to a competitive salary and incentive bonus, we offer the following to reward your efforts:
- Company paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Matching SIMPLE IRA
- Vibrant downtown office including paid parking
- Extensive training to help ensure you are successful in delivering top-quality work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics or equivalent work experience.
- Intricate knowledge of Excel and well versed with financial statements.
- Advanced skills in excel modeling.
- Keen attention to detail and demonstrated ability to produce error-free deliverables with minimal oversight.
- Deadline-driven with the ability to navigate ambiguity and manage multiple assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communicator who can explain complex financial concepts to a variety of audiences.
- 2 years related work experience preferred. CFA Level I or above preferred.
- Financial statement analysis for early- and growth-stage companies.
- Create investor-grade pitch decks, financial models, and other analyses distilling company and/or deal data into an informative, concise report.
- Interface with client CEOs and CFOs to understand specific company needs related to engagements and drive data collection/due diligence process.
- Complete ad-hoc financial analysis and financial modeling to assist CEO with both buy-side and sell-side deals.
- Assist as needed with early-stage venture valuation.
Venture First provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.