Venture First is a boutique financial services company focused on empowering entrepreneurs and supporting their investors. We assist our clients with business valuation, insightful financial analysis, capital raise preparation, and transaction support. We have completed over 1,200 engagements with clients in over 60 cities and have partnered with CEO’s, CFO’s and venture capital groups across the nation. Venture First is headquartered in Louisville, KY with offices in Richmond, VA and Miami, FL.
We offer an entrepreneurial culture with exposure to some of the most interesting and dynamic small to midsize businesses in the region and nation. We believe in happiness, hard-work, & integrity. We love what we do and we’re looking for high energy, service-oriented team players who thrive in a fast-paced environment to join us and exponentially increase the value we can provide to our clients.
The valuation analyst is a central member of the Venture First team and will interact directly with CEOs and CFOs of leading healthcare, technology, and other entrepreneurial ventures. This position will take the lead on preparing and delivering insightful valuation analyses to a wide variety of companies and funds. Central responsibilities include learning about new companies, gathering diligence, researching comparable companies and transactions, and synthesizing all available information into detailed valuation reports that will guide executives and boards of directors. The valuation analyst will be a key member of a leading valuation team focusing on complex equity and derivative valuation services
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics or equivalent work experience
- Willingness to pursue and obtain valuation credentials.
- Excellent critical thinking, written and verbal skills.
- Detail-oriented work skills
- Synthesize information related to early-stage and venture-backed companies.
- Master early-stage financial statement analysis to ask the right questions to support valuation conclusions.
- Analyze public companies and private transactions to build a comparable companies list for valuation multiples.
- Conduct industry research using Venture First’s extensive data subscriptions.
- Analyze and interpret capital structure documentation and legal formation documents.
- Deliver valuation reports justifying Venture First’s conclusion of value and explaining the valuation methods used.
We like to work hard. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer the following to reward your efforts:
- Company paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Matching SIMPLE IRA.
- Vibrant downtown office including paid parking
- Extensive training to help ensure you are successful in delivering top-quality work.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Venture First provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics.